Our Academy is a digitally native 501(c)(3) nonprofit 15-week precelerator and mentorship program that offers free workshops, compliance support, and pro bono attorneys for BIPOC independent cannabis entrepreneurs and social equity applicants. Since 2020 Our Academy has supported 110 folks across the US with programming and executive mentors and operators from companies like Old Pal, Cann, Cookies, Sweet Flower, HERBL Solutions, and more.
Our Academy is looking for mentors who have:
- transitioned from the legacy market and have operationalized a compliant license for two or more years, or
- cannabis executives or management teams who have raised institutional capital in the past three years
They are also taking applications for pro bono ancillary service consultants (attorneys, accountants, compliance consultants, marketing and branding consultants, etc) to support the upcoming 2022 cohort. Click here to apply
A few success stories:
- Tess Melody Taylor launched Dose of Saucy, an infused condiment brand.
- Timo Espinoza launched 4Geez via his own distro license, Seventh Wave, in all Stiizy locations and is currently in 18 dispensaries.
- Tiana Woodruff, an equity applicant in LA and founder of Queen Mary, launched 2 gummie SKUs in 9 dispensaries.
- Miko Banks, a social equity license holder and founder of Resziin Farms, received a license to build an operational cannabis campus, cultivation facility, and co-packing business on her own land in Sacramento, CA.
- Morris Kelly founded SF Roots, San Francisco’s first equity brand that’s currently in 54+ dispensaries throughout California.
- Tre Hobbs, based in Detroit, MI, founded Neighborhood Essentials, a flower, preroll, and clothing brand in CA and MI. The company has committed partial proceeds to educational and food security programs in Detroit.
- Nate Bowles, an equity applicant in Long Beach, founded Good Smoke, a flower and preroll brand that has committed to giving back to the community.
“Our Academy has organizers and mentors who are the best kind of accountability buddies who ensure that you make progress week-to-week to gain as much industry knowledge as possible and realize your vision.” – Tess Melody Taylor, Founder of Saucy